The History of Camacho Cigars
Now based out of Honduras, Camacho cigars were founded in 1961. Simon Camacho, the founder, was originally from Cuba but began his cigar business in Florida. Cigar connoisseur Winston Churchill even became a fan of the cigars when Camacho gained success in the U.S. and abroad. Camacho named one of the most popular cigars after Churchill.
In 1995, the Eiroa family who has a long history in the tobacco industry acquired the Camacho brand.
Most notably, the Camacho brand stands firm in its commitment to standards of good manufacturing and agricultural practices, developed by Bayer. To date, the Camacho is the only company in history that complies with international standard as it relates to good agricultural and manufacturing practices.
What’s In the Camacho Cigar Name?
Camacho cigars are a bold, robust premium tobacco blend. There is a richness that is signature due to their cedar box packaging. As part of the Camacho brand, they have their core brand, premium brands, and ultra premium brands available to consumers.
The intense and flavorful cigarbrand includes some of the following:
1. Camacho Ecuador: it is an impressive medium to full body cigar built with a Brazilian Mata Fina binder and fillers from Honduras and Dominican Pelo de Oro ligero. The wrapper is an Ecuadorian Habanoleaf. The ingredients give it a citrus, floral, and pepper twist.
2. Camacho Diploma: covered in an Ecuador Habano 2000, it gives and earthy and cocoa scent that is sweet and balanced. Don’t let the sweetness fool you; it is a full-bodied and full-flavored cigar do it is not meant for a beginner palate.
3. Camacho Double Shock: with a barbershop pole mix of leaves, the outer layer combines the dark San Andres maduro leaf with the light Ecuador Habano. The filler consists of tobacco from five different countries, making this a medium to full-bodied cigar. This cigar brings so many layers and notes to your taste buds with sweet, spice, oak, earth, cocoa, leather, and coffee as part of the flavor mix.
These are only a few of the Camacho cigar lines available in the U.S. market.
Reviews on Camacho Cigars
Want to know what people think about these cigars? Here are some customer reviews from our website:
1. “a very solid cigar…great taste.”
2. “Fantastic cigar. Am a fan of most Camacho products but always come back to the corojo.”
3. “Perfect if you like strong cigars…this is my daily cigar and has been for 10 years…”
When it comes to a bold cigar, these are at the forefront. With a mix of heritage and product excellence, the Camacho name exudes intensity in flavor, aroma, and smoking experience that will leave a solid impression for the cigar enthusiast.