Save the Date: Design a Transfer for a Special Occasion
An upcoming occasion is the perfect time to create a keepsake that will last for years. With a few pointers, you can create a custom heat transfer that will have people talking long after the photographs have been posted on Facebook or Instagram. Think about creating your own graphic for:
- Family reunions
- Charity event fundraisers
- Bachelor/Bachelorette parties
- Graduation parties
- ‘Milestone’ birthdays or anniversaries
A t-shirt or hoodie blazoned with a custom graphic design is not out of reach or out of skill set for you. High quality custom iron on transfers can be either plastisol or screen printed transfers. The screen printed types are higher quality, but plastisols can make beautiful and durable designs too.
1. If you have Photoshop, CorelDraw, or other graphic programs, you can create your graphic in there and then save it as a 300 dpi image, vector, PDF or other print ready format.
2. If you do not have these programs or skills, you can create a mock-up of your design in a word processing program, or the like, using fonts and dingbats. Once finished, you can then have a graphic designer take your idea and perfect it.
3. The more color you add, the more expensive it is, and there may be a minimum order associated with multiple colors in your graphic.
4. If you are adding color, find out which Pantone colors your production company uses. Pantone is a system used for specifying the colors in printing inks.
Once your design is printed, you may want to invest in an inexpensive heat press, which will give you a better result than an iron. The heat is applied evenly and consistently over the whole design; therefore your shirts will look great. And you never know, you may even discover a beginning to your very own t-shirt business!