Going Green for Beauty and Health
More and more people are seeking healthy, greener choices for themselves and their children. So many beauty products can expose you and your family to dangerous ingredients and seeking newer products such as Alikay Naturals products will introduce you to both beautiful hair and less exposure to harmful ingredients. Natural black hair products can contain even more harmful ingredients than mainstream items so it is even more important to look for natural ingredients.
What to look for
Ingredients you should avoid include:
- Unnatural Fragrance
- Sodium Laurel
- Propylene glycol
These ingredients can be especially harmful to small children due to their sensitive skin. Using as little of these products as possible will lessen their exposure to harmful chemicals. For children you should look for labels featuring the statements:
- No Parabens
- No Allergens
- No Sulfates
- Tear and Gluten Free
- Dermatologist tested
You can find product lines that are good for your hair and the environment. An excellent example is Alikay Naturals products that focus on using natural ingredients that won’t harm your hair or your health. Look for lines with all of your hair care needs including hair moisturizers, leave ins, conditioners and shampoos. You will be impressed by the natural powers by many ingredients that will keep hair moisturized, sleek and frizz free. Natural ingredients will not dry your hair or strip if of its much needed protein and oils. As well you will find the fragrances are very pleasing without the need of additional chemicals.
Living a Greener Lifestyle
Committing to a greener lifestyle using these tips may take a few sacrifices but you will feel better for trying:
- Cut down on the amount of items you buy opting for only the things you need.
- Teach your kids about the positive environmental and social impact of living a greener lifestyle.
- Recycle and make an effort to reduce the garbage you produce.
- Reduce the amount of fresh water you waste.
- Buy recycled or reused products.
- Travel using means that will not create greenhouse gas emissions by walking, biking, using public transit or carpooling.
- Buy locally and shop for sustainable items.
You and your family will look good and feel good when living the green life.